10.07.2010

When you see me smile

On the morning of Tuesday, October 5th, Albert Kucharczyk spent his final moments with us.

I recently reconnected with a childhood friend who knew both my father, John H. Janezic, and my now departed dad, Al. He quickly reflected on what wonderful men both of these gentlemen were and I agreed that I was very lucky to have had not one, but two, great dads.

I could attempt to string together the various thoughts and reflections that I have into a coherent post but I don't think that is necessary. I will do what others before us have done and remember these men. The power of memories is that they are rich, emotional, spontaneous, and real. Those characteristics are also an apt description of the men that I knew to be my fathers.

I already miss them both but I will continue to remember them and honor them. And I look forward to those unsuspecting moments in my future that reach into the hidden spaces in my mind, connect to a memory in my past, and bring a smile to my face.

With love and peace.

Your son

No comments: