To give you an update on Yukon the vet said he is doing better today. He ripped out the oxygen tube sometime last night and he is now up and about. He is not out of the woods yet, but he is getting better. Jack has been great in handling all the news, I would be a wreck if I had to talk to the doctors. They asked if Yukon should be given CPR if anything happens- we gave the DNR request. I didn't know you could even do that to a dog.
So to get back to Germany. We stayed on the third floor of a castle- no elevator, no air conditioning and no screens. It was old and creaky, just like you would picture a castle. It is supposedly haunted. We had one of the best meals ever there, whether is was the best or it was because we had driven from 9 am until 6:30 pm we'll never know. It was nice to be back to a place with "normal" (recognizable) food. If I had my dictionary I had bought right before the trip translation would have been even easier, but I couldn't find my French, German, and Italian dictionary or the journal I bought specifically for the trip. I'm sure I will find it first thing when we get home!
On Monday we took the boys to Playmobil Park. It was really cute. There were lots of things to climb and places to get wet. There were giant Playmobil figures everywhere. Each play area had a theme. There was Wild West, Pirate Ship, a Farm, a Jungle. I'm glad we took the boys now because in a year or two they would be too old to enjoy it. Jacob especially liked rowing a raft around a lagoon, while John like jumping over the alligators in the pretend Indiana Jones playground. We shopped in the store that had every Playmobil figure and set-up ever created. That I think was their favorite part of the day. An interesting side note is the recycling that goes on here. At the park you placed a deposit on your bowls, cups and plastic bottles. Then you get a deposit back when you turn it in. Cuts down on garbage pick up and workers having to clean the cafeteria! Another thing was the naked kids running around. The girls- some quite old just splashed in the water attractions in their underwear. Some of the older kids were just changing out in public. Oh, we are so modest in America!
Have to go again! We're off to dinner.
Love you lots,
Lisa
No comments:
Post a Comment